General Information & Dates
Workshops are held over a 4-day period at our National Training and Research Center headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia on the campus of Georgia State University with SafeCare Training Specialists, NSTRC will provide curriculum on the first day of training. This includes the full Provider curriculum set and SafeCare carry bag.
The 4-day workshop is a combination of didactic presentations, observation of skills, and breakaway sessions with our Training Specialists for role-plays to practice the new skills.
Light snacks with coffee and tea will be served each morning as room accommodations allow. A one-hour break is typically provided for lunch and the Welcome Guide has several recommendations for nearby food establishments. We suggest dressing comfortably for workshops.
An Orientation for each In-House occurs 2 weeks before the workshop via webinar. All attendees are required to attend.
Please contact Lisa Dickman Jackson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain further information regarding workshop pricing.
Travel and lodging for In-house Workshops is the responsibility of the attending agency.
Workshops will be held several times throughout the year. Please see our current schedule below. Please note, registration deadlines are by 12pm (EST) and workshop dates are subject to change. You must fill out a registration form to be considered for workshop attendance.
An Orientation for each In-House occurs 2 weeks before the workshop. All attendees are required to attend.
Please see below for more information on registration policies and procedures.
|2020 Workshop Dates||Registration Deadline|
|January 27-30, 2020||January 6, 2020|
|April 13-16, 2020||March 22, 2020|
|July 13-16, 2020||June 21, 2020|
|October 12-15, 2020||September 20, 2020|
Workshop Registration and Cancellation Policies
If you sign up for a training and cannot attend, you must inform NSTRC at least 15 business days or more from the training date. We appreciate your assistance with confirmation as it helps the Center to meet everyone’s need for training and reserving NSTRC Trainers.
Please note, we ask that interested sites submit confirmation of attendance at a scheduled workshop by submitting a registration form by posted deadlines. NSTRC may cancel trainings when minimum training capacity is not met.
- A completed Registration Form and at least 50% of the training fee must be received by the registration deadline in order to secure a space in the corresponding workshop. The remained of payment will be processed upon completion of the workshop.
- Payment may be made either online or via invoice. Please contact Lisa Dickman Jackson at email@example.com for additional payment information.
- NSTRC reserves the right to cancel the workshop if total participation from all attending agencies for this workshop does not meet NSTRC's minimum capacity.
- Please do not purchase non-refundable airfare or lodging accommodations more than 3 weeks prior to the workshop date.
- As a condition of confirming attendance via submission of this form, agencies/trainees are consenting to the following term: NSTRC reserves the right to retain 50 percent of payment of the obligated fee to fulfill the administrative costs associated with workshops in cases where agencies/trainees cancel attendance to a workshop fewer than 3 weeks prior to the scheduled workshop date.
- In the event that NSTRC cancels a workshop event, NSTRC or its affiliated University (Georgia State University), or any department therein, is not responsible for non-refundable tickets purchased outside of the guidelines outlined herein.
- Full refunds will be provided to registrants in the event that NSTRC cancels a workshop or in cases where registrants cancel within the allotted time to do so per posted workshop schedule and registration deadline. You may cancel your registration by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do our best to accommodate everyone; however, inquiries alone are not a guarantee of acceptance into workshops. You will receive confirmation from SafeCare following the registration process.
- NSTRC will confirm with sites that have submitted registration forms and payment information within five business days following the posted registration deadline whether a workshop will be held.
- Please email us if you do not receive this confirmation email at email@example.com.