General Information & Dates
Workshops are held over a 4-day period at our National Training and Research Center headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia on the campus of Georgia State University with SafeCare Training Specialists
Training curriculum will be provided to trainees on site by NSTRC on the first day of training. This includes the full Provider curriculum set and SafeCare carry bag.
The 4-day workshop is a combination of didactic presentations, breakaway sessions with our Training Specialists for extensive role-plays, and practice of skills for achieving mastery.
The cost for attending In-house Workshop in Atlanta can be considerably less per trainee because the cost does not include travel costs associated with sending NSTRC Training Specialists to external sites. Travel and lodging for In-house Workshops is the responsibility of the attending agency.
Light snacks with coffee and tea will be served each morning as room accommodations allow. A one-hour break is typically provided for lunch and the Welcome Guide has several recommendations for nearby food establishments. We suggest dressing comfortably for workshops.
An orientation for each In-House Workshop will be scheduled for 2 weeks before the workshop dates. Please plan accordingly, as orientation is a requirement for all workshop attendees.
Pricing is contingent upon the number of training candidates per agency, additional support, and potential contractual standing, therefore we ask that you contact Lisa Dickman Jackson via email at email@example.com to obtain further information.
Workshops will be held several times throughout the year. Please see our current schedule below. Please note, registration deadlines are by 12pm (EST) and workshop dates are subject to change. You must fill out a registration form to be considered for workshop attendance.
An Orientation for each In-House occurs 2 weeks before the workshop. All attendees are required to attend.
Please see below for more information on registration policies and procedures.
|2017 Workshop Dates||Registration Deadline|
|October 9-12, 2017||September 8, 2017|
|2018 Workshop Dates||Registration Deadline|
|January 22-25, 2018||January 5, 2018|
|April 9-12, 2018||March 16, 2018|
|July 9-12, 2018||June 15, 2018|
|October 8-11, 2018||September 14, 2018|
Note: 2019 workshop dates to be released at a later date.
How to Register
For more information about In-house Provider Workshops, please contact our Lisa Dickman Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “In-House Training” in the subject line.
Workshop Registration and Cancellation Policies
If you sign up for a training and cannot attend, you must inform NSTRC at least 15 business days or more from the training date. We appreciate your assistance with confirmation as it helps the Center to meet everyone’s need for training and reserving NSTRC Trainers.
Please note, we ask that interested sites submit confirmation of attendance at a scheduled workshop by submitting a registration form by posted deadlines. Trainings may be cancelled by NSTRC in cases where minimum training capacity is not met.
- Registration fees, along with the Registration Form, must be received by NSTRC’s stated registration deadline in order to secure a space in the corresponding workshop. Space for workshops cannot be held without payment of at least 50% of the cost to attend the workshop as determined through the Contracts and Grants Manager with NSTRC. The remainder of payment to be processed upon completion of the workshop.
- If total participation from all attending agencies for this workshop does not meet or exceed NSTRC’s minimum capacity, NSTRC reserves the right to cancel the workshop.
- Please do not purchase non-refundable airfare or lodging accommodations more than 3 weeks prior to the workshop date.
- As a condition of confirming attendance via submission of this form, agencies/trainees are consenting to the following term: NSTRC reserves the right to retain 50 percent of payment of the obligated fee to fulfill the administrative costs associated with workshops in cases where agencies/trainees cancel attendance to a workshop fewer than 3 weeks prior to the scheduled workshop date.
- In the event that NSTRC cancels a workshop event, NSTRC or its affiliated University (Georgia State University), or any department therein, is not responsible for non-refundable tickets purchased outside of the guidelines outlined herein.
- Full refunds will be provided to registrants in the event that NSTRC cancels a workshop or in cases where registrants cancel within the allotted time to do so per posted workshop schedule and registration deadline. You may cancel your registration by contacting us at email@example.com.
- An Orientation for each In-House occurs 2 weeks before the workshop. All attendees are required to attend.
We do our best to accommodate everyone; however, inquiries alone are not guarantee of acceptance into workshops. You will receive confirmation from SafeCare following the registration process.
Trainings may be cancelled in cases where the minimum training capacity set by NSTRC is not met.
- NSTRC will confirm with sites that have submitted registration forms and payment information within five business days following the posted registration deadline whether a workshop will be held.
- Please email us if you do not receive this confirmation email at firstname.lastname@example.org.